Pregestimil Lipil is an extensively hydrolysed formula (eHF) specially designed for the dietary management of infants who experience fat maldigestion or malabsorption* and who may also be sensitive to intact proteins.
- A hypoallergenic eHF
- Contains medium-chain triglyceride oil (MCT oil)
- Enriched with DHA
- DHA** at the level present in Pregestimil Lipil is clinically proven and contributes
to the normal visual function development of infants1-3
- Nutritionally complete
- Lactose free
- Suitable from birth, and from 6 months onwards it can be used as part of a
* Fat malabsorption or steatorrhoea may be associated with cystic fibrosis, short bowel syndrome, intractable diarrhoea and severe protein calorie malnutrition.
**>0.3% of total fatty acids
Hypoallergenic eHF for easy digestion
- Pregestimil Lipil contains the same extensively hydrolysed protein as
- Contains 55% of fat as medium chain triglyceride oil (MCT) –
an easily digested source of energy
- Easily absorbed by infants with fat malabsorption
- Provides an abundant source of rapidly available energy
Pregestimil Lipil is a food for special medical purposes intended for the dietary management of infants who experience fat malabsorption and who may also be sensitive to intact proteins. It should be used under the medical supervision of a health care practitioner.
- Morale 2005
- Birch 2010
- Birch 2007